a symphony to melodious reawakenings.



twelfth days


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



twelfth days

It has come to that time of the year again; the one where I over explain myself about the flashing days that passed and how this year came and went so quickly. I guess I'll do it differently this year. We stand 12 days away from a new year and to triangulate and think about it in a different light, we actually have 12 days left for 2008 to complete what could have been. With not much time left at hand but still ample to conclude 2008 the best we can, I think it's about time we moved our butts than move our checklist to the following year.

We start out each year with hopes and dreams to achieve and the determination to make sure that each task on our checklist is ticked before the end of each year. The checklist maybe long or short but the one essential thing I learnt this year was that each task on the list needed a timeline to comply to. The timing from the beginning to when the task will be completed or perhaps that itself a hope to a fruition of a dream. Without that, a dream remains a dream with no practical thought put in or any effort the least to making the dream real.

That in mind, we've got 12 days, merely less than 288 hours to cross out the most on our checklist before the inevitable strikes and we dawn upon a new year. And before we start reflecting the year that was and start contemplating on planning the year that could have been again, I'll take this 12 short days to end this very year the way I dreamt it could and would have been. A wise man once said, 'It's not how you start the race, but how you end them'.

The year started well for me but the end seemingly clouded with worries and anticipation of what future it holds. Faith is a funny maneuver I'm grappling to understand. While its easier said than done, faith keeps you on the edge of your seat ready to topple you over at any time; very much unexpected like rough waves in the ocean. You won't know how big the next wave will hit and whether you'll fall and be divulged by the greatness of the sea. Or if you will be able to swim and get back on the board in anticipation of the next great hit of the waves. The irony of it all is the persistence in waiting for the next big wave to come, waiting in worries and excitement that perhaps the wave will collide at me, or perhaps it may possible be that I stood at the right time on my board and live every surfer's dream of riding that giant wave.

Yes, faith is a funny thing that I still find intriguing to understand. I still can't grapple every sense of the meaning of the word, but I learnt that it is all about timing. Faith doesn't fail. It just waits for the right time before it explodes and it soars you above the circumstances. After writing a little about it, I realized that faith needs time. Taking the first few steps of faith may be the toughest, but faith in Jesus never fails.

Let's go back to timing. I said we can and should plan our timing to meet our dreams. But above and beyond our own timing, there is His timing. We can plan everything, but not everything will go according to plan. Faith takes over when plans doesn't meet our timing, and when it chooses to meet His timing.

It's all about timing. But with what we have left, lets make our last 12 days of this year count!


Have yourself a blessed christmas!



*The post this time is long. I guess I had alot to say and tell myself. If you have read it, I hope it stirred something to think about.


0 Responses to “twelfth days”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


-----

waitingforapunchline

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----


youarenumber: